Penang Tropical Spice Garden
Visited Sep 2018
Penang Tropical Spice Garden describes itself as Asia’s Hidden Eden and their lush fragrant gardens are a great place to see a vast array of spices and other exotic plants, totalling over 500 species.
Over 2km of pathway meander through six acres of spice gardens located on the northern shore of Penang island.
Visitors can tour the garden in one of two ways:
- either self-guided with an easy-to-use audio device giving information on the various plants in one of six languages or,
- fully guided tours in English, Arabic, Malay or Mandarin with experienced nature guides to tell you the folklore associated with the various plants as well as explain their medicinal benefits.
Other visitors prefer to join the cooking school to see how the ingredients grown here are prepared and cooked in the kitchen.
Opening Hours & Admission Charges
Open daily from 9 am to 6 pm.
- Audio Tours from 9 am to 5.15 pm.
- Guided Tours at 9 am, 11 am and 1.30 pm.
- Cooking School morning class starts at 9 am, afternoon class starts at 1 pm.
- Night Tours every Saturday at 7.30pm by prior reservation.
Admission Fees & Packages
- Adult RM 29
- Child RM 17
- Senior/Student RM 23
- Adult RM 45
- Child RM 20
- Senior/Student RM 35
- Adult RM 240
- Child RM 120
Includes morning tea, a guided tour, cooking lesson and lunch.
Student groups and corporate/teambuilding events are welcome.
How To Get to Penang Tropical Spice Garden
The exact location is marked on this map:
Tropical Spice Garden
Lot 595 Mukim 2, Jalan Teluk Bahang, Teluk Bahang, 11050 Penang, Malaysia
GPS: 5.463488, 100.22934
Rapid 101 (Weld Quay – Teluk Bahang)
Rapid 102 (Penang International Airport – Teluk Bahang)
Hop On Hop Off – Beach Route Stop No.19
For Inquiries, please contact:
04-8811797/ 796/ 795
012 430 7795
- Entopia by Penang Butterfly Farm
- Penang National Park
- Teluk Bahang
- Penang Tropical Fruit Farm
- Penang Toy Museum
Share this page:
Like this website? Head over to my Facebook page and leave a like or comment:
You can also contact me via the link at the bottom of this page.